Board of Trustees
Trustees are elected by the congregation annually. The Board is committed to comprehensive, timely and open communication with the congregation.
To contact any or all of the Board members, please email us by clicking "Contact Us", call us at 630-236-8888, or send your correspondence via postal mail to 1585 Beverly Court, Suite 12, Aurora, Il 60502.
The Board is committed to serving the highest good of our spiritual community. Currently there are two open positions to be elected at our annual congregation meeting.
Current Board Members
Rev. Kathleen Mertes, Interim Minister Jacklyn Harris, President Richard Jensen, Vice President Linda Grothendick, Secretary
Lee Williams, Treasurer
Board of Trustees Member Qualifications
- A track record of accomplishments and initiative at DuPage Center; demonstrates leadership.
- Demonstrates a spiritually principled lifestyle; in other words, “walks the talk” of the Science of Mind.
- Currently a voting member of DuPage Center.
- Constructive rather than critical approach to reviewing new programs.
- Team oriented – doesn’t allow personal interests to infringe on/interfere with Board action.
- Demonstrates steadfast commitment to this Center and to Principles of prosperity, ideally through tithing, in accord with DuPage Center’s Conscious Commitment Program.
- Has completed at least one year of accredited SOM classes and is sincere in his/her commitment to ongoing study of Science of Mind teachings.
- Willing to make a full and sincere commitment to a Board portfolio.
- Attends Sunday services regularly, actively assisting where possible.
- Promotes and as much as possible attends seminars, workshops and other functions.
- Is able to dedicate a minimum of 10-12 hours per month to Board duties (includes a two to three hour Board meeting at least once per month).
- Willing to work through all Board issues to consensus, rather than majority vote.
- Board Terms are for three years unless filling a position that has become open for a lesser term.
- With the exception of the pastors, who is always a member of the Board of Trustees in accord with DCSL By-Laws, no two members of the same household may serve on the Board of Trustees concurrently as voting or adjunct members.
- With the exception of the pastor, no voting board member shall receive compensation while serving on the Board of Trustees.
Adjunct Board Members
- Participates in all Board activities except votes.
- Serves a term of one (1) year.
- Education requirement is to be currently enrolled in classes or have completed class.
- Shall meet all Board of Trustees qualifications.